Pages


Feb 11, 2008

This is for Bidayuh Info

Sometime back, I was introduced to a Bidayuh online group. Actually, I went for their Kuala Lumpur gathering in Menara Yow Chuan by my old pal Barbara aka Babe invitation together with her fiance Joneses; in a private dark lit Karaoke room. Though my memories were dimmed but I did remember Ejol, Cath, Jeffrey aka Ibanez, Nigel, Bidayuh Nigeria and the lamb cooked by our very own Cath. Arrr...yummy.

I also met Jasmine there but I just couldn't recall her & not surprising she couldn't recall me either. Another surprise was we became good friends much much later, on the second time we've met.

The online group is known as Bidayuh Info, which you could find here. I'm not sure how it started, who actually founded it and who are the moderators. Yet with the merry people of Sarawak and one active Malay from West Malaysia (kudos to Ejol!), Bidayuh Info are becoming one of my best online group.

There are a varying type of people in Bidayuh Info with differences in age, professions and so forth. Yet, somehow it had reach the top five ranking for the word Bidayuh under Google search. Just goes to show that this is an online group to be reckon with.

The topics are from dead on serious to the dead on hilarious. Yet when it hit attacks on personal level, the moderators will take up their weapon and gave their warrior like warning; "Put down your weapon or be taken down!"

Ahh...yours truly had felt the brunt of it but the warning was polite (but deadly) and as a Merchant walking on uncharted land, I bowed to the rules. Nor do I have any problems with that because a good forums should have sensitive moderators who are sensitive to others personal space.

Another reason Bidayuh Info had grown the way it is.

As I'm here in Kuala Lumpur, I'm more familiar with the KL group so the following are some of the activities I've followed.

A more detailed posting on one of our outings are posted here in my other blogs 'Travel In Tee'.

The online forum, in my opinion are mild compared to some I've joined before. Most possibly because it was moderated well. But still some members with tongue in cheek raised up some 'hu hah' to get the posting fired up. Not that I have problems with that too. Being fired up, shoot at or get shot at are one of the many excitements in a forum. Most possibly because you won't get yourself killed anyway.

The language used are mostly Sarawakian Malay slang with a healthy dose of English, Bidayuh from all regions and once a while some other 'mix & remixed' vocabulary.

As Bidayuh Info does not really boxed itself for just Bidayuh people, anybody can actually joined in. So, if you are keen to get to know the merry group of Borneon known as Bidayuh, this is the place to be.

Click here.

Recommended Posts
The story of our English name.
Bidayuh school childrens from S.R.K Tembawang Sauh
Enter The Bidayuh

6 comments :

  1. Bidayuh dot com are more brutal laa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you know about DBNA? Can you write about DBNA?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi Bujang, aku tido mun kat Bidayuh dot com. Politik jak banyak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BI di Kuching sikda apa apa... plan pun sikda. lagik tido.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weh Jacque,
    Aku pun ada malam ya dkt Plaza Yow Chuan. The funny thing is that, i also dont remember seeing u there, cuma nok ku ingat Jones tgh bergelek dangdut depan Beb. Where were u?.. Maybe being blocked by Jones butt?? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete